Hail, Caesar! Blu-ray/DVD Movie Review
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 07 June 2016 14:25
- Written by Lupe R Haas
HAIL, CAESAR! features an all-star cast with George Clooney, Josh Brolin, Tilda Swinton Scarlett Johansson, Channing Tatum and the new Han Solo, Alden Ehrenreich. The Coen Brothers’ film has plenty of eye candy, but it seems disjointed with different plots distracting you from the last scene. While it lacks a cohesive and interesting story, the Coen movies gives you a glimpse into the Golden Age of Hollywood when starlets and leading men were under contract to studios, Westerns for the popular genre and lavish sets drove production costs sky high and coined the term “blockbuster.” The bonus features offers behind the scenes in re-creating the lavish scenes from the Golden Age of Hollywood.
The extras will be more enjoyable after watching HAIL, CAESAR! once you have perspective from the movie including behind the scenes of making of the the aqua musical and dance scene featuring Channing Tatum.
Check out the bonus features in detail below.
BLU-RAY AND DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- Directing Hollywood – The Coen Brothers have been making their mark on Hollywood for decades, creating acclaimed movies with their unmistakable brand of humor and unique storytelling style. As Joel and Ethan Coen discuss why they wanted to set their film in 1950s Hollywood, the all-star cast talks about working with this talented duo.
- The Stars Align – Who better to appear in a film about Golden Age Hollywood and its stars than today’s biggest and brightest A-list talent? George Clooney, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson, Jonah Hill, Josh Brolin, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes,Alden Ehrenreich, and Frances McDormand all join the Coen brothers in their Hollywood playground. The cast shares what drew them to the project, the secrets of the unique and zany characters they play and how the Hollywood of Hail, Caesar! differs from the Hollywood they know.
- An Era of Glamour – From the costumes to the sets, no details were spared in Hail, Caesar! and the production designer,costume designer and other key design professionals sit down to talk about how this exciting era was returned to the big screen.
- Magic of a Bygone Era – Hail, Caesar! features two classic-in- the-making musical numbers: an aquatic spectacle featuring Scarlett Johansson and a rousing tap dance from Channing Tatum. The cast and crew explain the process of bringing these scenes to life, from costumes to choreography and everything in between.
When the world’s biggest movie star suddenly goes missing, it’s up to a studio fixer to rescue him in Hail Caesar!, a star-studded comedy featuring George Clooney, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson, Jonah Hill, Josh Brolin, Tilda Swinton, Ralph Fiennes, Alden Ehrenreich, and Frances McDormand set in Hollywood’s Golden Age.
Hail, Caesar! follows a single day in the life of Eddie Mannix (Josh Brolin), head of production and all-around problem solver for Hollywood studio Capitol Pictures. When Baird Whitlock (George Clooney), the world’s biggest star, is kidnapped in the middle of production on the studio’s latest swords-and- sandals epic, Eddie will have to recover his leading man while simultaneously appeasing cowboy star Hobie Doyle (Alden Ehrenreich), disgruntled director Laurence Laurentz (Ralph Fiennes), swimming sensation DeeAnna Moran (Scarlett Johansson) and song-and- dance superstar Burt Gurney (Channing Tatum), all while horse-trading information to keep his talents’ names out of the gossip columns written by a pair of rival siblings, Thora and